The following 5 practices are simple steps management can take to improve employee productivity by putting their team to a better mindset. It’s easier than you think to turn disengaged employees into dynamic team members.
- Design strategic incentive programs so employees at all levels of an organization can benefit. While it is natural for management to focus most heavily on senior level incentive programs, let’s not forget about substantive incentives for lower-level employees. Lower-level employees have a significant effect on an organization’s success. Successful incentive programs should be carefully structured so rewards clearly reflect revenue and objective targets, meaning they pay for themselves.
- Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis. The ability to provide regular, helpful feedback to employees in a manner that encourages, not discourages, is a cornerstone to effective management. Unfortunately feedback isn’t always positive, but the level of thoughtful communication should remain the same for acknowledgment of good work or constructive criticism.
- Respect, respect, respect. Respect your employees as individuals in addition to the job they do. Employees who feel genuinely respected by their peers and management are more likely “to go the extra mile” to help their organization succeed.
- Provide support for employees when it is genuinely needed. Managerial support can take many forms: from providing employees with new equipment or software when existing is outdated or inefficient; flexibility for a reasonable level of work-life balance; or emotional support in the face of unfair criticism. This support will not be forgotten by employees and will build employee loyalty and goodwill.
- Talk the talk, and walk the walk. Ensure senior leadership models behavior that makes other employees be proud to be part of the team. Leaders are always being watched and judged; employees have keen eyes (and are keen gossipers). Nothing energizes employees more than a senior team they admire.
Motivating your employees is a delicate undertaking that requires the attention and experience of specialists in a variety of diverse industries. Outsourcing your program to a company with experts in travel planning, debit card distribution, marketing, web design, graphic design, and printing is one of the best investments you can make. Not only will you come out with a higher quality program, but it will be more cost effective and achieve greater return on investment.
Contact JNR today (http://www.jnrcorp.com/or call 800.343.4546) to learn about how our diverse team of experts can reinvigorate your channel incentive program.