My travels took me to Cabo San Lucas this week. It’s been 10 years since I was last there, and that visit was very brief. So, this was very much like visiting for the first time. And it was terrific!
My travel day was so easy. It was a quick 2-hour flight from LA to arrive at the small and easy to navigate Cabo San Lucas Airport. Then, only 30 minutes to travel time to the hotel. It just couldn’t be easier to take a quick trip to a great incentive travel resort destination.
Yes, please be assured, Cabo IS SAFE. But don’t take my word for it. In two weeks, Cabo is hosting the G20 Summit. This is a meeting of the world’s most important leaders to discuss major economic policies. Countries’ leaders, including Presidents, Ambassadors, and other statesmen come to town and naturally, their safety is of the utmost importance. The destination selected has to meet strict requirements for infrastructure and safety in order to host an event of this global caliber, and Cabo measured up well.
Now back to the good stuff! Here are some highlights of my trip to let you know the experience your incentive travel winners can have in this inviting and fun-filled destination:
- Paradise is easily reached. Short flights, plenty of direct flights, brief transfer time to the resorts.
- Deluxe Hotel Product. Excellent 4 and 5 Star resort properties all along the Corridor between San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas.
I was fortunate to stay at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. Their grounds are amazing with multiple pools and excellent dining options. Ask me about the party on the beach where we tasted fabulous Mexican wines, crushed grapes in a bucket, and then had a 15-minute reflexology foot massage prior to the freshly prepared grilled dinner. Oh, yes, they offer this for incentive travel groups, too!
- Rugged Coastline. The waves crash on rocks at the beach creating powerful sounds, colors and movement that are unique to Cabo and absolutely magical to experience.
- Outstanding Service. Friendly, attentive people everywhere we went. The local staff we met were beyond polite; we truly received genuine hospitality and kindness from so many people.
- Excellent Dining. My favorite spot was Flora Farms in San Jose del Cabo. The restaurant, built on their farm, is the epitome of farm-to-table freshness. The people were so friendly, the atmosphere quaint, and the food was delicious. This dining experience far exceeded my expectations.
- Activities. Golf, Spa, ATV, Zipline, Horseback riding, Poolside, Shopping, Snorkeling, Cooking classes, Hiking, Beach yoga, and more!
I definitely want to go back to spend more time in Paradise. There are more great resorts to visit and more exciting activities to experience. But in truth, that heated infinity pool with ocean view was my favorite ‘hot spot’ during my stay!
Special thanks to so many hosts: Brigitte Lundrigan with Krisam Hotels; all the Staff at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos including Rebecca Riggs; Eloise and Fabiana from the sales department, as well as Alberto Gurrola, the hotel’s GM; Julia, Michelle and Cheryl with Terramar; the staff at Flora Farms, and the crew from Risalena on the snorkel sail.
Vice President, Planning, JNR Incorporated