JNR joins our fellow industry leaders to support the first North American Meetings Industry Day (NAMID) on April 16, 2015. This nationwide day of advocacy, lead strongly by the Meetings Mean Business coalition, will spotlight the substantial value derived from business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions, and will engage with policymakers, industry elites and business leaders.
Those of us entrenched in the industry know that meetings and events play a critical role connecting people and driving positive business results.
· Creating Personal Connections Face to Face – Personal relationships are at the core of every business decision and face-to-face meetings provide professionals with that personal interaction, which leads to deeper relationships and collaboration. When people meet face-to-face, relationships are developed in a way that technology cannot recreate or match. The ability to look a new business opportunity in the eye and close the deal with a handshake simply cannot be replicated.
· Driving Positive Business Outcomes – Meetings and events deliver profits, help win new accounts, serve as education platforms and allow colleagues and partners to come together to innovate and achieve results. Meetings create a shared sense of purpose, foster empathy across organizational lines and create camaraderie that positions an organization for success.
· Building Strong Communities – In addition to the results driven by business meetings including advanced skills and workplace training, the events and meetings industry creates hundreds of thousands of jobs, generates billions of dollars of revenue and supports communities across the North America.
Did you know that the Travel Industry is a Significant Driver of Economic Growth and Jobs?
· The meetings industry contributes more to U.S. national GDP than the air transportation, motion picture, sound recording, performing arts and spectator sport industries. It is an economic engine, creating hundreds of thousands of jobs, generating billions of dollars in revenue and supporting communities across the country.
· According to a study by PwC, the meetings industry contributed more than $280 billion to the U.S. national economy and put another $88 billion back into the economy through federal, state and local taxes in 2012.
· A driver of job growth, meetings increased employment even during the economic downturn. In 2012, meetings employed nearly 1.8 million people and generated $234.6 billion in total labor income.
We want you to know that JNR is actively involved in Industry Advocacy groups that support your right to meet and reward customers, employees, stakeholders, consultants, sales team members and all other types of program participants.
Follow and participate in the digital conversations at @MeetingsMeanBiz on Twitter and by using the hashtags #MMBusiness with #NAMID.
By JNR Incorporated
Written by Vicki Kern
JNR Incorporated is a results-based, globally recognized leader that specializes in creating custom travel, meeting, event, prepaid card and merchandise programs that motivate, engage and inspire the employees, customers and channel members of our clients. We have over 30 years of experience working with Fortune 500 companies of many diverse industries. Our programs are tailored to fit the specific needs of marketing, sales, management and human resource professionals. The unique solutions we apply are measurable and proven to increase performance, loyalty and revenues.